In Reply to: RE: optical out from Panny plasma TV ? posted by Doublej on January 24, 2023 at 17:24:36:
Found this on Crutchfield:
Digital Audio Out: The rear-panel optical digital output allows you to send a Dolby Digital bit stream to a Dolby Digital receiver or decoder. If the program doesn't include a Dolby Digital soundtrack, a 2-channel PCM bit stream is output.
Your DAC likely does not support Dolby so you need to change the sources to output 2 channel audio to the TV so it can send 2 channel audio through the optical output to the DAC.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - optical out from Panny plasma TV ? - floydandrews 15:01:33 01/24/23 (8)
- Why I love my Vizio's with RCA outs!. ~nt - Coner 21:05:20 01/25/23 (0)
- RE: optical out from Panny plasma TV ? - Carl G 02:22:09 01/25/23 (0)
- RE: optical out from Panny plasma TV ? - Doublej 17:24:36 01/24/23 (4)
- A little more information - Doublej 17:27:22 01/24/23 (3)
- Do you have a source or 2? - grantv 15:16:42 01/24/23 (0)