In Reply to: umm... posted by Jim Pearce on December 31, 2016 at 21:21:55:
If your mind was made up why ask the question?
First of all on my Samsung 4k 8000 series 55" about 10 to 12 feet we saw a difference between a 4k disc and a Blu-ray. That may not be enough to mmmake me jump right to a 4k TV. However, when I ran the HDMI directly to the TV taking advantage of the HDR 4k signal the difference is big. If you noticed in my original post I used the term "HDR", that's what will make the huge difference on 4k. You can stand a few feet at a store who has an accurate demo and see the difference. I thought the purpose of your post was to gain information to make an informed decision. If I didn't have to upgrade I'd probably be contect to wait a bit, the content for 4k needs to grow. When I did upgrade, most displays unless buying http://www.pcmag.com/article2/very cheap are already 4k.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Jim Pearce 21:02:37 12/11/16 (18)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Mr Peabody 13:13:52 01/06/17 (1)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - mrdavis842 10:08:00 01/07/17 (0)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Mr Peabody 21:09:49 12/29/16 (6)
- umm... - Jim Pearce 21:21:55 12/31/16 (5)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - mrdavis842 09:47:52 12/14/16 (2)
- good deals... - Jim Pearce 19:31:20 12/14/16 (1)
- RE: good deals... - mrdavis842 22:17:03 12/14/16 (0)
- Wait as long as you can... - kSpace 17:25:18 12/13/16 (0)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Jack G 04:26:17 12/12/16 (4)