In Reply to: RE: umm... posted by Mr Peabody on January 1, 2017 at 07:40:57:
HDR is a horse of another colour, especially with an oled display.
By the way, I hadn't made up mind, but as usual when I'm tweaking my system I'm looking at information from a lot of different sources. With the power of hindsight I wish I'd bought a 65" plasma as well at close-out prices when I bought the 51" for the bedroom. But all of the oleds are 4K now, and there's no harm in having a feature I can't fully exploit. Unfortunately a number of people are having trouble with their pre-pros when they turn HDR on, especially with the Marantz AV8002A and B6 models. So I think I'm happy with waiting a year until this isn't all quite so cutting edge.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Jim Pearce 21:02:37 12/11/16 (18)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Mr Peabody 13:13:52 01/06/17 (1)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - mrdavis842 10:08:00 01/07/17 (0)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Mr Peabody 21:09:49 12/29/16 (6)
- umm... - Jim Pearce 21:21:55 12/31/16 (5)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - mrdavis842 09:47:52 12/14/16 (2)
- good deals... - Jim Pearce 19:31:20 12/14/16 (1)
- RE: good deals... - mrdavis842 22:17:03 12/14/16 (0)
- Wait as long as you can... - kSpace 17:25:18 12/13/16 (0)
- RE: Is this the right year to buy an OLED 4K TV? - Jack G 04:26:17 12/12/16 (4)