In Reply to: RE: NO! a piss poor imitation... and a cross between.... posted by Bill the K on April 27, 2020 at 23:32:02:
I wasn't trying to create a diversity list and usually I list people who other people have likely heard. Not many people are familiar with Youn Sun Nah so why list her? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2iGwIl-qig
I think there is enough diversity between the way Sade sounds and the way Loreena McKennitt sounds and their style of music to make the point.
The point was that Gaga can sing metal, pop, rock, jazz, show-tunes, etc.
Since she is very close friends with Tony Bennett - she seems to have taken his advice - to try for a longer lasting career singing music she likes instead of trying to be a pop star (who usually fizzle out after a decade).
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - It's a love affair that has gone on since I was 13 years old.... - TWB 23:27:15 04/24/20 (23)
- 'The Owl and the Pussycat' was my favorite . . . - Billy Wonka 11:42:12 05/05/20 (1)
- Yeah... of course I like them all! Little trivia regarding TOATP.... - TWB 12:24:31 05/05/20 (0)
- RE: It's a love affair that has gone on since I was 13 years old.... - Bill the K 21:38:50 04/26/20 (8)
- NO! a piss poor imitation... and a cross between.... - TWB 21:59:19 04/26/20 (7)
- RE: NO! a piss poor imitation... and a cross between.... - beach cruiser 15:22:41 04/27/20 (6)
- RE: NO! a piss poor imitation... and a cross between.... - RGA 17:36:25 04/27/20 (5)
- RE: NO! a piss poor imitation... and a cross between.... - Bill the K 23:32:02 04/27/20 (4)
- RE: It's a love affair that has gone on since I was 13 years old.... - RGA 17:38:05 04/26/20 (0)
- Interesting - Mike B. 09:14:36 04/25/20 (10)
- Saw it with my first girlfriend back when it first came out - Road Warrior 22:38:05 04/27/20 (1)
- "Streisand looked very fine back then"... I agree and I would add... - TWB 07:04:05 04/28/20 (0)
- saw it so many times, I could win a bar bet. - beach cruiser 15:40:47 04/27/20 (0)
- GWTW is an addiction with boomer ladies . . . - Billy Wonka 15:05:08 04/27/20 (1)
- Before it premiered in Atlanta, GA.... GWTW previewed in my home town.... - TWB 22:14:07 04/27/20 (0)
- I've seen GWTW any number of times... but as I have mentioned before... - TWB 22:02:42 04/26/20 (0)
- Vivien Leigh was - tinear 14:24:33 04/26/20 (3)