10 Items or Less, with Morgan Freeman, and Don't Look Up with Leo DiCaprio.
Some great dark comedy in both.
Look Up is more Social Satire than Sci-Fi, and not off the Mark by any means.
Loved the ending!!!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Most fun watching movies in some time! - oldmkvi 20:54:00 12/25/21 (21)
- RE: Most fun watching movies in some time! - ozzyboy 12:38:26 12/29/21 (1)
- That Russian optimism - Victor Khomenko 12:17:29 12/31/21 (0)
- We just saw "Don't Look Up" too - Chris from Lafayette 01:42:19 12/26/21 (18)
- Boring as hell - Victor Khomenko 06:42:36 12/30/21 (2)
- If Hell IS that boring it won't be a bad place to be... - musetap 21:26:38 12/30/21 (0)
- Hell may be many things, but hardly boring... nt - tinear 09:19:12 12/30/21 (0)
- I thought seeing The Pres get killed and eaten - oldmkvi 08:56:45 12/26/21 (14)
- OK, oops, spoiler. Watch it anyway! nt - oldmkvi 08:59:35 12/26/21 (13)
- There's more to it! It will Still be a great last scene! nt - oldmkvi 11:35:25 12/27/21 (0)
- I did like the Bill Gates parody character - with his slipping into falsetto [nt] ;-) - Chris from Lafayette 15:24:48 12/26/21 (7)
- Probably a composite character, now that I think of it [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 13:41:01 12/28/21 (0)
- RE: I did like the Bill Gates parody character - with his slipping into falsetto [nt] ;-) - tinear 15:54:16 12/26/21 (5)
- That's true - however the parody in this movie is so broad and scattershot. . . - Chris from Lafayette 01:26:20 12/27/21 (4)
- Parody has to be somewhat "broad," or else it's caricature or mockery. - tinear 07:48:18 12/27/21 (0)
- Parody has go be somewhat "broad," or else it's caricature or mockery. - tinear 07:47:34 12/27/21 (2)
- And on further reflection, I'm thinking that Streep's character is also a composite - Chris from Lafayette 14:27:36 12/28/21 (1)
- RE: And on further reflection, I'm thinking that Streep's character is also a composite - tinear 07:33:53 12/29/21 (0)
- Thanks... - musetap 11:33:16 12/26/21 (3)
- I thought it had been out for some while. There's - oldmkvi 11:33:39 12/27/21 (2)
- Watched it last night... Rylance was more brilliant than usual in a Jobsian manner... - musetap 14:49:14 12/27/21 (1)
- You were right! - oldmkvi 07:40:14 12/28/21 (0)