Hello, own a 7 year old Panasonic TCP50UT50 50 inch plasma TV, played well for most of the time. It automatically shut off a few years ago, but that issue resolved by itself.
Now doing it again. 7 flashes on LED power indicator, comes on by holding power button down for a few seconds and releasing. Unplugging works for a time. TV goes off in under 7 minutes?
YT vide tech suggests replace a board.
1. Worthwhile to repair?
2. Upgrade? We like this plasma but not as good resolution as new ones. Of course.
3. Need 50 in size range, what should I pay?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Penny shut off problem - docw 09:41:13 06/11/19 (9)
- RE: Penny shut off problem - docw 09:35:02 06/14/19 (0)
- RE: Panny shut off problem - grantv 13:12:10 06/13/19 (0)
- RE: Penny shut off problem - Hornlover 08:21:42 06/12/19 (5)
- RE: Penny shut off problem - docw 10:35:00 06/12/19 (0)
- RE: Penny shut off problem - docw 10:16:17 06/12/19 (3)
- Check Prefs for Power Saving, or some such. nt - oldmkvi 10:05:55 06/11/19 (0)