witty and more (I hate to say it) intelligent humor. Martin Scorsese long has been fascinated by Fran Lebowitz, the author, comedian, and social commentator, having previously made another documentary about her. In this miniseries (7 parts), Fran holds forth on different topics with her Basset Hound eyes and machine-gun delivery. It's fun to consider the influences, from Groucho to Henny (Youngman, of course) to Lenny to Gilda to Woody.
Not an "F-bomb" or vulgarity in sight, just to show one can be hilarious without resorting to making an audience laugh through embarrassment or unease.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - "Pretend It's a City:" a laugh riot for those who enjoy the - tinear 09:52:57 02/20/21 (7)
- Thx for the tip, Tin. - Sondek 07:27:41 02/22/21 (0)
- It's hard to classify her - violinist3 02:14:34 02/21/21 (3)
- Her comments on city dwelling hit home to... - musetap 12:25:46 02/21/21 (2)
- Marty LUVS Fran... - musetap 12:47:23 02/20/21 (1)
- Positive reinforcement works for all. She's a national treasure. nt - tinear 12:53:12 02/20/21 (0)