In this installment. This was an epic production with exotic locales and not-so-subtle messages of women rising. There were strains of humor as Bond actually got turned down a few times and, thusly, remained monogamous. Plus, Q was out of the closet, so to speak.
The cast was up to the task of scenery-chewing as there was a lot of gorgeous scenery in the way. And, I lust over Bond's retirement sailboat.
A tour de force production with a sad ending. Should be seen as these films have drawn our attention for sixty years! I met 007 in the ninth grade. For a boomer, he is a lifelong archetype.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 'No Time To Die': No lack of action . . . - Billy Wonka 12:20:10 10/09/21 (14)
- Thumbs somewhat up: (spoilers' alert) - tinear 17:43:19 10/12/21 (2)
- It was confusing . . . - Billy Wonka 16:03:51 10/13/21 (1)
- RE: It was confusing . . . - tinear 16:32:49 10/13/21 (0)
- Craig and Bond: the only two who actually conveyed - tinear 06:07:23 10/12/21 (8)
- Agree but I still have a soft spot in my heart for Moore in Live And Let Die - Road Warrior 15:41:17 10/13/21 (2)
- RE: Agree but I still have a soft spot in my heart for Moore in Live And Let Die - RGA 17:53:32 10/14/21 (0)
- +1 for Live And Let Die... It was my first Bond film.... - TWB 20:50:43 10/13/21 (0)
- RE: Craig and Bond: the only two who actually conveyed - troutbum 06:03:37 10/13/21 (2)
- Roger Moore tainted the part by his "Saint" tenure. The persona was - tinear 11:51:21 10/14/21 (1)
- RE: Roger Moore tainted the part by his "Saint" tenure. The persona was - RGA 17:48:34 10/14/21 (0)
- Craig and Connery? Don't pass up David Niven. - free.ranger 09:26:51 10/12/21 (1)
- Believe it or not, Peter Sellers was going to be Bond but - tinear 10:58:44 10/12/21 (0)
- ... messages of women rising...To be the villains ? - Wojciech 16:19:57 10/09/21 (1)
- The opening bit is worth it . . . - Billy Wonka 20:01:11 10/10/21 (0)