In Reply to: Need a cheap new AVR posted by Ozzie on September 6, 2023 at 15:28:28:
You run stereo RCA's into the avr? That would require the avr to turn it into surround like the very first surround avr's. I know we love our dacs but really you would have better surround sound by running toslink from the tv straight to the avr. That way you would have a true DD 5.1 signal instead of suedo surround.
As for what avr I'm amazed how many modern really nice $1k plus avr's end up in the second hand store for less than a hundred bucks.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Need a cheap new AVR - Ozzie 15:28:28 09/06/23 (9)
- RE: Need a cheap new AVR - lokie 05:45:50 09/20/23 (0)
- My very old solution - G Squared 12:15:00 09/11/23 (0)
- RE: Need a cheap new AVR - Rod M 09:02:17 09/11/23 (0)
- RE: Need a cheap new AVR - Doublej 19:29:50 09/08/23 (0)
- RE: Need a cheap new AVR - dean_martin 16:29:16 09/08/23 (0)
- I'm a bit corn fused. - budget fi 15:22:52 09/08/23 (3)