Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: If heat is a factor....

I own the PS Audio S300 and I can tell you why it's on sale. I thought it would sound good because I was simply overjoyed with the sound of my PS Audio M1200 monoblocks, which I originally bought for my Thiel CS3.7 speakers. However, I didn't need that kind of power for my little B&W PM1 speakers or my new Mini Maggie's. Therefore, I thought the S300 would be the answer. Unfortunately, it wasn't an amplifier I could live with after hearing the M1200's.

When I replaced my Parasound Halo A21 with a pair of PS Audio M1200 monoblocks, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The M1200 monoblocks made quite an improvement with my Thiel CS3.7 speakers. They also sounded outstanding with my new Mini Maggie's. However, just recently I discovered a much less expensive pair of monoblocks that sound even better. My new Hypex Nilai 500 Mono Block Amplifiers are now the best sounding amplifiers I've ever owned.

Incidentally, based on my experience with the Hypex Nilai 500 monoblocks, I would recommend the Hypex Nilai 500 Stereo Amplifier over the PS Audio Stellar S300. It costs less at $1,495 and it has the same power of 300-wpc into 4-ohms.

Happy listening!

Edits: 04/06/24

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.