In Reply to: RE: Panasonic plasma TV posted by Jack G on July 7, 2019 at 05:46:45:
Hi Jack & Sondek,
Thanks for the replys.
I too read about the death of Plasma because of 4K.However, I also read that it was more complicated. Seems that they used more power than other formats, and the sales were dropping off because of the higher cost. (Kind of reminds me of Laser vs inkjet.)
I also read that a 4K Plasma was built but not sold, for the aforementioned reasons.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Panasonic plasma TV - Geneml 18:07:50 07/06/19 (10)
- What killed plasma? For 9 glorious years, I owned - tinear 18:21:47 02/20/20 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Rod M 18:51:53 07/17/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - jedrider 09:27:33 07/14/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Hornlover 08:11:17 07/09/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Jack G 05:46:45 07/07/19 (4)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Geneml 12:14:08 07/07/19 (3)
- 4K killed plasma. (nt) - Sondek 20:26:12 07/06/19 (0)