In Reply to: RE: Panasonic plasma TV posted by Geneml on July 7, 2019 at 12:14:08:
Power consumption was red herring. At 9 or 10 cents a kw hour, just not a valid concern, IMO. However, cost was the one that took the most out of plasma sails. LCD got dirt cheap, but there was still a market for plasma ... until 4k drove the killer nail in the coffin.
BTW, if that 4k plasma was actually built, I wonder how much it weighed. Hundreds of pounds I would suspect.
The 152 inch 4K that Panny actually did make weigh(ed) 1,272 pounds. Wow!
Edits: 07/07/19 07/20/19
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Panasonic plasma TV - Geneml 18:07:50 07/06/19 (10)
- What killed plasma? For 9 glorious years, I owned - tinear 18:21:47 02/20/20 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Rod M 18:51:53 07/17/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - jedrider 09:27:33 07/14/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Hornlover 08:11:17 07/09/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Jack G 05:46:45 07/07/19 (4)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Geneml 12:14:08 07/07/19 (3)
- 4K killed plasma. (nt) - Sondek 20:26:12 07/06/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Sondek 13:48:31 07/07/19 (0)