In Reply to: RE: Panasonic plasma TV posted by Geneml on July 7, 2019 at 12:14:08:
I recently changed my 2010 42" Panasonic Plasma for a 2018 55" OLED with supporting Technics soundbar (TX-55FZ952).
I loved my old plasma but I cannot believe how superior the OLED is. There is not a single issue upon which I would want to return to the plasma.
I note that one inmate has mentioned the issue of screen burn. The above set has a program that automatically cleanses/conditions the screen upon switching to standby. It runs around every fourth or so session for about ten minutes. Incidentally I have read several reports that acknowledge the potential for screen burn but have not found it to occur in practice - I'm just reporting :-).
The Technics soundbar is also excellent. No it is not as good as my dedicated audio system but is nevertheless the best TV sound I have come across. I feel no need to search for an improvement. Unfortunately this feature has been dropped by Panasonic for the 2019 models (at least for those offered here in the UK).
Noting the other replies and the fact that all of you are USA residents I understand that, in any case, Panasonic no longer services your country with televisions. So that, unfortunately, would seem to put getting a Panasonic OLED out of question unless maybe you could get one from Canada? Are the transmission standards the same?
"We need less, but better" - Dieter RamsThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Panasonic plasma TV - Geneml 18:07:50 07/06/19 (10)
- What killed plasma? For 9 glorious years, I owned - tinear 18:21:47 02/20/20 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Rod M 18:51:53 07/17/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - jedrider 09:27:33 07/14/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Hornlover 08:11:17 07/09/19 (0)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Jack G 05:46:45 07/07/19 (4)
- RE: Panasonic plasma TV - Geneml 12:14:08 07/07/19 (3)
- 4K killed plasma. (nt) - Sondek 20:26:12 07/06/19 (0)
- I just changed my Panny Plasma for Panny OLED - PAR 15:39:13 07/09/19 (1)
- RE: I just changed my Panny Plasma for Panny OLED - zacster 19:22:59 07/17/19 (0)